Date: October 21nd, 2017
Come join Miracle Mountain Ranch staff and students for a day of western activities for the whole family. This is a perfect event for youth groups, church groups, families, or individuals. We will have a variety of harvest games and activities, snacks, Try a Truck or Tractor (let your kids climb on equipment), Cowboy Campfire (wood branding and peach cobbler), a blacksmithing demonstration, hayrides, trail rides (pony rides for ages 7 and under), pony cart rides, concessions, a cider press demonstration, a pie baking contest and auction, and more!
Events will begin at 10:00 a.m. and wrap up at 5:00 p.m.
(1/2 hr. Trail rides $8; meal on a donation basis)
Those riding horses must be under 250 lbs.
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Harvest Games and Activities, Snacks, Try a Truck or Tractor (let your kids climb on equipment), Cowboy Campfire (wood branding and peach cobbler), Blacksmith Demonstrations, and Hayrides
10:00 AM – 3:30 PM Trail Rides (1/2 hr rides @ $8), Pony Rides, Pony Cart Rides
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Concession will be Served
12, 1, 2 and 3 PM Cider Press Demonstration
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Pie Auction (Pie must be registered by 1:30)
4:00 PM Message from the Mount
Pie Contest and Auction
- Pies must be baked in a 9″ disposable pie pan. Pies and pie tins will not be returned.
- A limit of one pie per person, per category. The six categories are: Berry, Apple, Pumpkin, Fruit, Crème, and Other.
- Each pie must be made by the person entering it.
- Please do not write your name on the pie tin. A number will be assigned at the time of registration.
- Pies are to be registered in Town Hall between 10:00 and 1:30 pm, on the day of the Harvest Party. Judging will begin at 2:00 pm.
- Pies in each category will be judged for first place in two different areas:
Most Festive (Fall theme)
Best Tasting (1 slice will be taken from each pie for judging)
- All pie contestants will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win great kitchen prizes!
- The 6 pies that are awarded “Most Festive” will then be considered for the “Best of Show” prize, which is a Miracle Mountain Ranch embroidered apron.
- A select panel of Miracle Mountain Ranch staff will judge the entries. All decisions are final!
All pies (minus one piece from each for judging) will be auctioned off in a Silent Auction from 2:30-3:30 pm. All proceeds will benefit the Summer Camp Scholarship Fund.
Questions: Call 814-664-7673, ask for Tyler!