You can also make it use any kind of fruit you prefer, like raspberries shown below.
- For the pancakes, just use your normal pancake recipe (or Bisquick) and add 1/4 cup cottage cheese to each batch.
- For the cream cheese filling: Combine 1 pkg cream cheese (softened) with one small container of sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar and a splash of vanilla.
- Cook down strawberries till warm.
- For Chocolate gravy:
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS flour
- 1 1/2 TBS cocoa
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C water
- Whisk together in saucepan over med heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Once it is thickened and bubbly add 1/4 C butter (I pre-melted mine) and 1 tsp vanilla. Pour into gravy boat.
- Smash 1 package graham crackers and toast on a baking sheet for 10 min.
- Layer on your plate as such: Pancake, spread cream cheese topping over it, repeat, top with berries, chocolate gravy, whipped cream, and graham cracker crumbs.
We usually serve with sausage or bacon to offset the sweetness.
By Jenni Cox