What Parents Need to Know
Registration for day camps is between 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Monday – Friday. All parents/guardians assume the risk of sending their child to camp this summer during Covid-19. No early arrivals, please.
Day camps will conclude each day at 5:00 p.m. Due to covid-19 there won’t be a closing program for the families on Fridays.
Providing medical insurance for the Rancher is the parent/guardian’s responsibility. All expenses due to illness are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Parents will be notified in the event of an emergency, injury, or sickness requiring medical attention. All parents in a Rancher’s group will also be notified if a Rancher is symptomatic with covid-19. Refunds for early departure due to sickness or injury are given on a prorated basis. A parent or guardian must complete the liability / medical release form.
All medications and vitamins that the Rancher will need while on property must be turned in during Registration on Monday and will be administered by the camp nurse throughout the week. Medications are to be in their original prescription containers, vitamins should have the Rancher’s name on the package. No medication in substitute containers or with altered or hand written dosages will be accepted. Ranchers who require inhalers or other medication to be kept with them are required to have written permission from their medical doctor. Please present this written permission at check-in.
A certain amount of homesickness is both natural and healthy whenever a child is away from their home. In the case that a child becomes extremely homesick, we will contact the parents to let them know the situation and ask them how they want us to handle it. Understand, though, that we do not give refunds for early departures due to homesickness or missed days.
Special Dietary Needs
Due to the numbers of individuals we serve each meal, we are unable to meet special dietary needs and menus. Some exceptions may apply. Please contact MMR at [email protected] to see if we can meet your child’s need.
If you have registration questions, please contact the office Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. or Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. The registration offices are closed on Saturday afternoons and Sunday.
What to Bring to Camp
- Please wear close-toed shoes for camp.
- Long pants are required and boots or shoes with a heel are recommended for those attending Horse Camps.
- Shorts must come to the knee
- Suggested daily items to bring: towel, bathing suit (one-piece, modest) and crocs of flip flops to wear to the pool, long pants stronly suggested for trail-riding if wearing shorts to camp (Wild West & Buckaroo), shorts that come to the knee if in a Horse Camp, Bible, notebook, and pen.
Please DO NOT Bring
- Cell phones
- Electronic games
- Casual clothes are recommended for most activities (such as blue jeans and t-shirts). Please come prepared for all weather conditions.
- Long pants and close-toed shoes are required to ride a horse.
- Shorts must come to the knee.
- No spaghetti-strap tank tops, yoga pants, leggings, or see-through clothing, please.