Daniel and Kara Stanley
Daniel and Kara Stanley, both graduates of the School of Discipleship, met in 2007 and married in 2017. Daniel came on staff in 2015, and now serves as the Director of the School of Discipleship. He is heavily involved with teaching and writing curriculum for the students. He has a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Bethlehem College and Seminary. Kara came on staff in 2008 and served as the Equine Program Director for nine years. She now serves as the Dean of Women for the School of Discipleship, in which she oversees the day-to-day life of the student body.
The Stanley’s Newsletter
2020 — What a year!
No kidding—what a year this has been! In our home, the year started out great with the arrival of Gavin Carter Stanley, our much-loved son. He came into the world on February 4th of this year, a sweet and handsome boy who has made his mom and dad very happy parents. Daniel continued to teach after Gavin was born, but aside from going to class each day, he stayed home to help Kara out with the baby as she healed from her C-section delivery. Just after returning to work, however, our ministry decided on March 15th to send the students home to comply with the government’s shutdown order. Two days later, Daniel woke up with a sharp pain in his side and ended up going to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy! This time, it was Kara’s turn to nurse him back to health (although his scar is considerably smaller). When the restrictions on gathering loosened in May, the students came back together for the remainder of their year. Daniel was able to finish teaching Church History to our second-year students, and Kara continued to help out in the barn. We also had our students, Casey and Peggy, down a few more times to make up for lost opportunities. We graduated all our students on August 15th.
On September 11th, we welcomed a new class of 14 students for the 2020–21 year. This year, Daniel will teach his normal classes, as well as lead worship for the students in the mornings. He’s blessed to have his assistant, Daniel Benedict, as well as a new hire, Chadwick Martin, working alongside him. Kara, in addition to taking care of our wonderful son, will be helping in the barn where she can and teaching riding lessons to young girls in the area.
Pray for us!
There’s a lot going on in the upcoming months. Please pray with us:
- Pray that Chadwick will be able to obtain a work visa in order to work with us as a Canadian
- Pray that the Lord will prepare the students’ hearts for growth this upcoming year
- Pray for finances as Daniel has been accepted to Westminster Theological Seminary’s online MDiv program
- Pray that God will supply the necessary funds for us to continue our work here.
- Pray particularly that the Lord would provide us with funds to buy a bigger vehicle for our growing family!
- Please prayerfully consider supporting us financially, as we are at around 50% of our current support level.
If you would like to or feel called to support us in this ministry financially, here are some things you might like to know:
- 100% of your support goes directly to us.
- All gifts are tax deductible.
- Check or money orders should be made out directly to Miracle Mountain Ranch, designated for us on a separate piece of paper or in the memo line.
- MMR does have the ability to do direct deposit withdraws from your checking or savings account for your monthly giving.
- Support can also be given online at mmrm.org
- Thank you all for your investment of time, money, prayer and friendship into our lives and ministry. We look forward with you to a brighter end to 2020. God bless you!
- Daniel, Kara, and Gavin