Josiah Gross is joining our Programming Staff! He graduated as a second year student with the Class of 2022. He will be planning and facilitating retreats and events and working with the programming area of focus students. Josiah is excited to see how God uses him at the ranch!
Dear family and friends,
I am so excited to announce that I will be joining the staff team at Miracle Mountain Ranch! For those of you who might not know, MMR is a Christ-focused summer camp and retreat facility with a gap year program called the School of Discipleship. I have spent the last two years at the Ranch in the School of Discipleship as a programming student growing in my faith towards God and His promises to me, and I have learned what it truly means to be a Christian and to seek God first in my life. As a student, I took several theology classes on the Bible as well as multiple Christian worldview classes. During the afternoons, the programming students did work projects getting ready for summer camp, and we also went through biblical counseling books to help prepare our hearts and minds for the 1,200+ kids we serve each summer. During my first summer at the Ranch, I was a counselor for kids ages 8-17, and for my second summer I worked with the programming staff team to help see to the needs of the counselors as well as to work behind the scenes and help with logistical needs.
I have been blessed with the opportunity to come on full-time staff in the programming department. I will be planning, hosting, and facilitating retreats and events throughout the year as well as having the opportunity to work with students in the SOD. I graduated from the School of Discipleship this August and plan to come on staff in January. I am currently working at my church in Fredericksburg, Virginia for a few months to earn money, raise support, and spend time with my family and with my church.
I covet prayer in my life from all of you! Things I currently need prayer for are:
- Seeking God first in my life and trusting in His faithfulness towards me as He directs my steps
- The other 28 students besides me who graduated last school year that we would continue to live lives honoring to God and others
- The new student body that is at the ranch now and that God would grow them spiritually during their time here
- Finding enough financial supporters to support me on staff at the ranch
- Raising enough money to purchase a vehicle
All staff at the ranch are on 100% mission support, but as a single staff member, housing, food, and utilities will be covered for me. The money I will be raising will be going towards purchasing my own vehicle, insurance, phone, and saving money to become financially independent and start my own family. I would like to be raising at least $1,000 a month, and in order to come on staff I need to be raising $750 monthly.
If you would like to support me either monthly or by a one-time gift, here are some things that you might like to know:
- 100% of your support goes directly to me.
- All gifts are tax deductible.
- Check or money orders should be made out directly to Miracle Mountain Ranch, designated for me on a separate piece of paper or in the memo line.
- MMR does have the ability to do direct deposit withdrawals from your checking or savings account for your monthly giving.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to come on staff, and I am so thankful for the friendships and investments of time and money I have received from all of you. I’m excited to be taking on this new journey in life, and I’m looking forward to seeing how God works through me in the coming year.
Yours in Christ,